Advance Solar And Energy is Proud To Be One Of The Few NABCEP Certified Companies In Florida.
What is NABCEP?
The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a volunteer board of renewable energy stakeholder representatives that includes representatives of the solar industry, NABCEP certificants, renewable energy organizations, state policy makers, educational institutions, and the trades. Each member of the board was chosen because of his or her experience and involvement in the solar energy industry. NABCEP’s mission–to support, and work with, the renewable energy and energy efficiency industries, professionals, and stakeholders–is intended to develop and implement quality credentialing and certification programs for practitioners.
What does it mean if an installer is NABCEP certified and how does that help the consumer?
Certification of a profession refers to a generally voluntary process in which the certifying organization formally grants recognition to those who meet certain predetermined standards or qualifications. It usually includes an examination of some kind to assess the candidates’ qualifications. Certification offers the public a high degree of protection because practitioners have to meet standards or qualifications and pass an exam, and they do so voluntarily. Developing a certification is a complex and time-consuming process and requires a strong administrative organization in order to maintain its quality. Over a thousand certification programs exist in the U.S., qualifying professionals from crane operators to energy efficiency experts, from financial planners to automobile technicians.
Benefits of certification exist for both installers and consumers:
- Identifies installers as professionals, instilling consumer confidence in their work
- Validates extra resources spent on training and gaining experience
- Allows for installer mobility as the market moves from state to state
- Allows installers to distinguish their skills and experience in the field
- Provides a means to identify qualified installers, promoting confidence in the work performed
- Preserves consumer choice, maintaining access to both certified and uncertified installers
What other standards are NABCEP Certfied PV Installers held to?
NABCEP Certified PV Installers follow a Code of Ethics.
Among other primary goals, the NABCEP is dedicated to the implementation of appropriate professional standards designed to protect consumers and the profession. NABCEP certificants and candidates are expected to act in an appropriate manner, which promotes the integrity of, and reflects positively on, the practitioner, the NABCEP, and the renewable energy profession, consistent with accepted moral, ethical, and legal standards. NABCEP is a member of the National Organization for Competency Assurance (NOCA) and has endeavored to follow the requirements of ISO/IEC Standard 17024: General Requirements for Bodies Operating Certification System of Persons.
As a professional in the fields of renewable and sustainable energy and energy efficiency technologies, a NABCEP certificant or candidate has the obligation to:
- deal with all clients, consumers, and other professionals and professional organizations fairly and in a timely manner;
- provide safe and quality services to clients and consumers
- respect and promote the rights of clients and consumers by offering only professional services that he/she is qualified to perform, and by adequately informing clients and consumers about nature of proposed services, including any relevant concerns or risks;
- maintain the confidentiality and privacy of all client and consumer information;
- avoid conduct which may cause a conflict with client or others;
- engage in moral and ethical business practices, including accurate and truthful representations concerning professional information and system performance expectations;
- be truthful with regard to research sources, findings, and related professional activities;
- maintain accurate and complete business and professional records;
- respect the intellectual property and contributions of others;
- further the professionalism of renewable energy industry services; and,
- behave in a courteous and professional manner when communicating with NABCEP representatives.
Official Press Release
For Immediate Release
February 22, 2018
Contact: Rick Vaske Phone number: 239-939-7446 Email: RickV@AdvanceSolar.com
Advance Solar & Energy Achieves Prestigious NABCEP Company Accreditation
Fort Myers, FL Installation Company is One of Ten Solar Companies in the Country to Achieve Company Accreditation by North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners
Fort Myers, FL — Advance Solar & Energy has just received Company Accreditation by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABECP). NABCEP awards accreditation to companies
that meet a rigorous set of standards around installation, employee training and qualification, safe work practices, and customer accountability. Advance Solar & Energy joins nine other NABCEP
Accredited Companies around the country that have distinguished themselves by adhering to a set of industry-recognized best practices.
To earn a NABCEP Company Accreditation, the PV installation company had to undergo a thorough and rigorous application and review process that included the submission of procedures and policies and independent, third-party inspections of previously installed systems. The core elements of NABCEP Company Accreditation include: employment of NABCEP certified installation and technical sales
personnel, documented and consistent policies and programs as they relate to the operations of the company, ongoing worker training program(s), and a strong focus on worker safety.
Advance Solar has been providing Solar services, including solar electric, solar hot water and solar pool heating in south Florida since 1983. Advance Solar is a 5 Star Rated Solar installation
company, with locations in Fort Myers, Fort Lauderdale and Sarasota. Fully licensed, insured and carry workman’s compensation on every member of the staff. They pride themselves in solar education
with their own onsite training facility, while developing solar educational courses for the Florida Department of Education.
“We are very fortunate to have a great name in the community with over 35 years in business, but we are in an industry that is constantly changing as solar is on the rise, not only in the state of
Florida, but across the country. We understand the value of education and certifications to our staff and what it means to our customers, and that is why we have taken the NABCEP Company
accreditation so seriously. This accreditation challenged us to look deeper into our operations to ensure that we are operating with integrity, with best installation practices, placing safety and
quality as a priority. Furthermore, it helped us to develop a Standard of Excellence that we are proud to present with confidence to our customers,” said Rick Vaske, Director of Operations at
“Earning the NABCEP Company Accreditation is a major accomplishment. To achieve this accreditation, Advance Solar had to demonstrate a company-wide commitment to quality assurance
throughout the sales, installation, and after-sale process,” said Shawn O’Brien, Executive Director of NABCEP. “The staff at Advance Solar were a pleasure to work with, and we were particularly
impressed with their deep commitment to staff training and development. From everyone at NABCEP,
The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is the most respected, well-established and widely recognized national certification organization for professionals in the
field of renewable energy. NABCEP offers entry-level knowledge assessment, professional certification, and company accreditation programs to renewable energy professionals throughout
North America. NABCEP’s mission is to develop and implement quality credentialing and certification programs for practitioners by supporting and working closely with professionals and
stakeholders in the renewable energy and energy efficiency industries.