Not only are solar panels good for the environment, but they will also save you money on your utility bills. Most residential solar users estimate savings of between 20% and 30% on electricity costs once they switch from electricity to solar power.
The savings don’t stop there, either. Many homeowners who install solar panels are receiving federal rebates and tax incentives for doing so. In Florida, homeowners can receive a tax credit for installing solar panels before December 2022, and some even receive a tax exemption on the value added to their home by solar panels.
Solar panels are good for the environment and your wallet, but they’re not one-size-fits-all. There are a ton of different brands and styles – what you need depends on the size of your home, how much energy you need, and a host of other factors.
With that in mind, here are the best solar panels of 2021.
How Do You Know Which Solar Panels Are Right For You?
The best solar panel to install in your home is one that’s custom-designed by an engineer and includes the right software. Under specific circumstances, an expensive and high-efficiency board could perform just as well as an economy and standard one.
There are a range of factors that determine what type of solar panel you’ll need.
- The amount of electricity you use
The more electricity needed in your home, the more solar power you have to generate. Ideally, you should be producing enough power to offset 100% of the electricity you will need to consume.
Your solar engineer may need to see up to a year’s worth of electricity bills to calculate how much power your solar panels need to collect.
- Your roof’s characteristics
Most homes will have advanced solar panels installed on the roof. The age, tilt, amount of shade, and type of roof will all be considered when deciding the correct location.
The best solar companies will advise you on this and decide on the best location for the solar panels that offer maximum use.
This should essentially be the place where the sun shines the most.
Best solar companies in Florida
- SunPower – This offers free monitoring of production and consumption and comes with one of the most comprehensive warranties in the industry.
- Zenernet – This Company offers upfront and transparent pricing, plus it also includes an instant quote and custom design. A virtual consultation with their solar and battery experts is also possible, and they are dedicated to the point of contact consultation.
- Sunrun – they offer the flexibility of different payment options with a lengthy 20-year warranty.
- SunPro – They have been in the industry for more than 25 years and have customized financial options, solar designs, and in-house roofing.
- Vivint Solar – This Company has plenty of payment options with flexible moving and wide availability all over Florida.